The Art and Rantings of a Middle Aged wanna be artist!!!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Payscale and why I always seem to get the short end of the stick.

So today I find this link on Careerbuilder.com that helps you find out what your present job title suppose to pay. The link is http://www.cbsalary.com.
I'm a Title Officer for an escrow company. This website say that national average for this type of job is about $36,440.00 a year and the avg. pay in Hawaii is $36,723.00. This chart also shows the low and high end pay too. The low end is $26,233.00 and the high end being $51,023.00. I'm barely above the low end with $27,000.00 and Hawaii has a higher cost of living than 95% of the United States. I've been in this industry for more than a decade. My company didn't even give out raises this year. Not even an inflation raise of 3% to 5 % which comes out to 41 cents to 69 cents. How fucked up is that??? In 2003 I made 32,500 a year salary, but I was always working 12-15 hour days as a Supervisor for another Title company. That fucked up because as a supervisor, I didn't get any overtime. That short end of the stick is my good friend....hahahahahha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home