The Art and Rantings of a Middle Aged wanna be artist!!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Starting over...man I'm too old for this shit.

Yeah, as you out there who might be reading this, I'm again unemployed. I'm frickin' 44 years old. Am i not supposed to be at this stage in my life, Married with a few kids in their teens, a house or home, steady and stable job, etc, etc. Right now I'm collecting unemployment, which still didn't even send the damn check yet and it's been 3 weeks. I'm still rooming with my close friend at her folks place. No real prospects for jobs because most employers don't even know what a damn Title Officer is, much less what they do. Severance pay is running out and I got bills to pay. You know, I'm not a suicidal kind of person, but I understand why someone would want to kill themselves, you know? This shit get fuckin' tiring. I was a hard worker who hardly if ever call in sick. Was on time. Never abused the system at work. Yet I was still laid off. I would be OK with it, but there were those who were kept on who called in sick every chance they got, always late and always slacking. Man, I just can't get a break or what??? The job market out there is mostly part-time work for retail and fast-food. And even for those jobs I can't get in. "Too Qualified" is the term. Or they just don't want to hire you for fear of you might do a better job than they would.

I'm just so fuckin' pissed off....and please spare me all the cliche's, because I've heard'um all and it just don't work in the real world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home